Saturday, April 25, 2009

Charlie's Crosses

You know, I have mentioned my friend Charlie a couple of times. He is the one that got me into this hobby. What I haven't mentioned is that he is in his early 80s. I only wish I had as steady a hand as he has at the scroll saw and I am only 30 years old! Here are a couple of pictures of his work. Honestly, pictures just never do his work justice. You sort of need to see it in person to really appreciate it. The picture of the one cross by itself is what sparked my interest. It is called an "August Cross."  I will have to get with Charlie and find out why it is called an August Cross. He told me once but I can't find the webpage that explained it. Anyway, hope you enjoy these, he is great at it. "Thanks for Stopping By!"
Matt
 

No comments:

Woodcraft Search