Friday, April 10, 2009

Fishing Lures

Hi there! It has been too long since I have updated this bolg. Anyway, I have a new interest in woodworking. After watching a show called "Hunt for Big Fish" on the "Vs" channel, I was inspired by the host Mr. Larry Dahlberg to create my own lures. Now I have to throw out the disclaimer that no one at that station or with that program has given me permission to use them on this blog but I am not selling anything and have not taken any original ideas from anyone so I believe we are ok to proceede. I am a big fan of the show and have learned a lot from watching the techniques used to fish certain lures. I am also a BIG fan of making my own and since I like wookdworking I chose to make my new lures out of balsa wood. I will attach a couple of pics of the only two I have created so far and you can chime in with your thoughts as you see fit. The first one you will see is my C&E "Glitter Gold" lure and the second and third ones are my C&E "Dolphin Poppers." You will see why they are names as such as it should be obvious just looking at them. The C&E by the way are the first letters in my little girl's names..i.e..Carrie and Emily. The C&E Gold is finished but has yet to be field tested and the C&E Dolphins need a little work yet. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to browse my simple blog. Take Care and as always "Thanks for Stopping By."
Matt

1 comment:

Chaplain Chad said...

Yea, we need to do some fishing soon. I have all my lic. I need now!

Woodcraft Search